Monday, October 6, 2014

My Top Fall Nail Polishes

Yet another reason that Fall is the best season ever! It has everything!  The best weather, the best makeup, the best pie (yay pumpkin!), Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from Starbucks, and of course the best nail polishes! So without further delay, here are my top  must have nail polishes for Fall!

The first one is a staple for fall. I have so many taupes but I had to narrow down to my all time favorite, which is OPI's Berlin There Done That. This is my favorite because it is not too brown or purple.

Butter London's Old Blighty
This is a really pretty smoky brick red creme. A real fall classic. Comparable to Julep's Claudette.

OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest Swatch
OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest
OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest
This was my first ever OPI polish. I just love the color! It is a beautiful deep, almost coppery purple wine color. It seems more blue based but with purple, red and gold shimmer. I love colors like this and the is my favorite out of all the ones I own with a similar color.

OPI's Nein, Nein, Nein, OK Fine!
This is a nice dark neutral color. It is a dark grey that has a bit of a greenish hue.

Julep Trina
This is a shimmery eggplant purple color with purple shimmer. I think it is quite similar to OPI's Suzi and the 7 Dusseldorfs but it is warmer.

OPI's Vampsterdam
When I was younger I had a polish very similar to this but it was darker. I have since thrown away the bottle and long forgot what the brand or the name was. This polish reminds me of that other one. Even more so when layered on top of OPI's Black Onyx. I just do one coat of each and the effect is stunning.

Butter London All Hail the Queen Swatch
Butter London All Hail the Queen
Butter London's All Hail the Queen
This color is a taupe with holographic glitter. I love it because it gives an elegant twist to a basic nude color.

Essie Stylenomics
I bought this during IMATS on a whim. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do. It is a very dark greyish green and really unlike any other color I have seen.

Julep Boris and Nicole
This is a beautiful frosty autumn leaves color. It is a warm reddish brown that just screams fall.

Revlon Raven Red
This has been my favorite red for years before I even had OPI's Got the Blues for Red (see honorable mentions). It is a tad lighter but it is still a beautiful blood red.
Butter London British Racing Green Swatch
Butter London British Racing Green

Butter London's British Racing Green
A beautiful hunter green with subtle shimmer. I love dark greens but they can be hard to find. This one is a real winner!

OPI's Suzi and the 7 Dusseldorfs
I actually bought this one because I saw my Cosmetology teacher wearing it on her toes and it looked so good! I later realized that it is nearly an exact dupe for China Glaze Draped in Velvet. The only difference is that Draped in Velvet has more of a chunky shimmer and OPI's Suzi and the 7 Dussel-what-its (it's a long name) has a much finer shimmer and seems a bit darker because of it. I love both but the OPI does not chip as easily on me. Out of the two I definitely prefer the OPI polish.


Honorable Mentions

All of these are either discontinued or hard to find.

My classic red for fall is definitely OPI's Got the Blues for Red. It is a dark vampy blue toned red. However I cannot find it for sale other than amazon or drugstore.com.

OPI's Skyfall Collection
This was a limited edition collection that came out for the new 007 movie, Skyfall; which by the way, was awesome! My favorites from this collection are On Her Magesty's Secret Service, Live and Let Die and The World is Not Enough. The last two come in the mini's collection if you can find it on amazon.

Julep Hoch
I love this polish but sadly it was limited edition. However Julep's Emilie seems to be a decent dupe for it. The Polish Jinx here on Blogger did a post comparing them. Check it out HERE!

Finger Paints Harvest Hues
I tried to find a color like this for years before I finally stumbled across this one. It was also limited edition and it has mostly been replaced with Butter London's British Racing Green, though they are not really a dupe for each other. It is a beautiful blue toned dark green with some silver shimmer. Very Slytherin!



Nail Polish Safety Specs.

Essie is 3 free. There is no DPB, Toluene, or Formaldehyde.

Julep is 5 free and vegan friendly. There is no Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde resin, DPB, Toluene, Camphor, or animal ingredients or byproducts.

OPI (green label) is 3 free. There is no DPB, Toluene or Formaldehyde.

Revlon is Formaldehyde and Toluene Free.

China Glaze (black label) is 3 free. There is no DPB, Toluene or Formaldehyde.

Finger Paints is 3 free. There is no DPB, Toluene or Formaldehyde.

Butter London is 5 free. There is no DPB, Phthalates, Toluene, Formaldehyde or Parabens.






No comments:

Post a Comment