Thursday, June 18, 2015

The Frog Prince by Lipstick Queen Review

Yes, it is green; bright green.

I was very skeptical about this when I first saw it. Originally, I really thought that it actually was a green lipstick and there was no way I would ever wear it. I didn't give it another thought after that.

That is, until last week. I ran across it again while I was on the Lipstick Queen's website and I saw how it looked on their models. I was pretty shocked, it was the first time that I had ever come across a lipstick like this!

Seriously, this thing is awesome!

Yes, in the tube the lipstick is bright green. However, when you apply it, it at first transfers completely clear. Then within a minute, it darkens to a beautiful and wearable sheer warm pink! It uses the heat from your skin to achieve this. I love how universal it is. The formula uses the PH of your skin to turn the most flattering shade for you!

Lipstick Queen The Frog Prince Swatch
Lipstick Queen 'The Frog Prince' swatch

The formula is very similar to Medieval. It feels light and moisturizing. The color payoff is semi sheer and very wearable.

Bare Lips
Bare Lips

Lipstick Queen The Frog Prince Lip Swatch
Lipstick Queen The Frog Prince Swatch

I would say that the only downside is that you don't have a lot of control over where the color goes because you can't really see it. This product defenitley requires careful application and a mirror. It also has at tendancy to cling to dry patches but it is not too noticeable.

I love this color for summer and it will be a staple in my makeup bag along side my other Lipstick Queen favorite, Medieval.

Lipstick Queen's The Frog Prince retails for $25 and is available at their website as well as Ulta, Space NK, and select department stores.

What is your favorite lipstick for summer?

I would love to read your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment