Monday, February 23, 2015

Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara Review

So I have finally gone through all of my full size mascaras and on a whim, I decided it was time for a new one. I picked up the new Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara in Very Black from Target a few days ago.

Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara Packaging
Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara
Claims:
  • flake-free
  • thickening
  • lengthening
  • lightweight
  • soft, touchable lashes
Covergirl also says that their Bloom mascara contains a new mousse formula which includes natural beeswax and is safe for contact lens wearers.

I was very impressed the first time I used it. The formula is a perfect middle ground between dry and wet that will give you enough product without making your lashes clumpy or messy. In just a few strokes my lashes looked longer and fuller and I loved the fanned out, wispy effect. They didn't flake at all nor did they feel heavy and cakey. No spider lashes either. Another thing that made me very happy was that it was not difficult to remove. I hate when I have to scrub the mascara off my eyelashes!

Eye before mascara
Eye before mascara
Eye with Covergirl Bloom mascara, no eyeliner
Eye with one coat of Covergirl Bloom mascara, no eyeliner

I love how this mascara gives a defined, long and thick lash effect in just one coat while still looking natural. Adding additional coats is easy and it doesn't clump at all! It is perfect for every day wear!

The brush is one of those stiffer prickly brushes and has a subtle butterfly shape. No dramatic or crazy brush shapes here. Just simple and easy to use.

Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara Wand
Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara Wand

For comparison, I included a picture of the Benefit The're Real mascara wand. They are fairly similar but I personally think that the Covergirl one is less prickly and more user friendly.

Benefit The're Real Mascara Wand
Benefit The're Real Mascara Wand
Just more proof that drugstore mascaras are better than higher end ones!
Covergirl Full Lash Bloom retails for $7.00 and is available at Ulta and most drugstores.

Have you tried this mascara yet? Do you have a favorite mascara that you want to share? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below!

Disclaimer: All images, thoughts and opinions are my own. Links are for convenience only.



No comments:

Post a Comment