Wednesday, September 10, 2014

My Holy Grail Beauty Products - Fall 2014

These are my holy grail, tried and true, cannot live without, stranded on a tropical island in the middle of nowhere, must have products.

This is one of my pricier must haves, but a must have nonetheless. This primer really gives you a nice smooth, pore free canvas to work with. It has some color in the tube but it is translucent on the skin. This is the first thing that goes on my skin after moisturizer and eye cream. It is also oil free.

This is another of my must haves for oil control. Like my face powder, I always notice a huge difference if I don't use it. A bad difference. This is a light, clear gel that spreads well and has an instant mattifying effect without drying out my skin. I put this on right before my foundation.

This is my favorite drugstore foundation. It gives a fantastic coverage without looking cakey and still slightly allows your real skin to peak through a bit. I cannot tell you how many times I have received comments on how great my skin looks, when it is really all thanks to this foundation.

This is my second favorite drugstore foundation for when I want perfect coverage. It is thicker than the nearly naked and gives you about...98% coverage depending on the condition of your skin. If you have a massive, raised, red blemish you will probably still see a small bit of it. This formula is specifically for combination/oily skin so I don't have to worry about it making my skin look oily and cakey.
They also make a formula for Normal/Dry skin types. One thing that I noticed that I found a little weird was that the formula for normal/dry skin has spf 15 and the combination/oily skin only has spf  6. ???

This is a great tinted moisturizer! It has a nice color range so you can find one that really matches your skin tone and it blends amazingly. There is one shade lighter but because I tend to get about a half to one shade darker in the summer whether I like it or not, I use the second lightest one. The lightest is Alabaster Tint and there is really only a tiny difference between the two. There are no streaky spots of color or ompa lompa orange tints with this stuff.

A great pressed powder for oily skin! It says up to 5 hours of natural shine control with natural minerals. I have not timed this but it definitely pulls it's weight throughout the day and I always notice a bad difference when I don't use it. It also helps minimize the appearance of pores, giving your face a nice soft finish, which makes me happy. It is not translucent (they do have one, Transparent 001) but there is little to no actual coverage. It is very sheer.

I am prepared to swear under oath that this stuff is better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have tried both and I think this has a better result. It is also cheaper ($1). They make a few different types but I just get the original sheer one. I can pile as much eyeshadow as I want, in any formula, from any brand and it will not budge until I am ready to take it off.

This is probably the only mascara that I have ever done a repurchase on. Originally I intended to splurge and buy a mascara from sephora but after looking at so many reviews I chickened out. I hate shopping for new mascara because I don't like to have a bunch open at once and I want the one that I buy to work. Then I realized that I was comparing all of the mascaras that I looked at to the Cover Girl Clump Crusher. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes while still looking natural without clumps or making them look like straw.

My all time favorite lipgloss! I love the color that this gives to my lips. It is described as a cherry red by Nars but on me it looks more of a brick red. The formula is amazing though I have not tried the new formula yet. I still have the old tube.

This eye cream is amazing. It has caffeine so it really helps you feel more awake instantly. It also helps reduce under-eye circles and puffiness. It also has a bit of a shimmer (not really noticeable on the skin) that helps to brighten the eye area.

I have only had this palette for a short amount of time but I am already in love with it. It has become a staple in my makeup routine. To see my review on this palette, click HERE!

This eye shadow is my perfect lid shade. I use this as a base for all of my eyeshadows, from my lid to my brow bone, corners of the eyes and underneath the eye. It is very creamy and blends amazingly. Using this under other shadows also helps them blend better than if I were to put them straight onto primer.

I would love to know what your holy grail products are! Please leave a comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment